Is your firm coping with the changes in the profession?
Is it adapting to the “New Normal”?
Does your firm lack a vision and strategic plan for the future?
Is it missing a clearly defined positioning and marketing strategy?
Are revenues/lawyer and net income/partner declining or below average?
Are governance and administration not up to par with the firm’s needs?
Is the practice organization out of step with the needs of the marketplace?
Is client service not meeting client expectations?
We specialize in addressing these issues,
and many others, that law firms face today – not only to improve
their current performance but also to ensure they survive and grow
Simply put, we help clients solve problems
or identify and capitalize on opportunities – and often both.
principal services include:
- Improving profitability
- Updating firm structure
- Succession Planning
- Improving governance and administration
- Improving practice organization
- Developing a compensation system
to support firm goals
- Creating programs for attorney
development and retention
- Developing a firm vision and focus
- Developing and implementing strategic
- Conducting client and market surveys
- Creating positioning, branding
and marketing strategies
- Improving client service
- Planning and facilitating retreats
- Evaluating the feasibility of
A few recent projects:
- Reviewed the management structure and compensation plan for a Houston firm
- Provided financial and administrative counsel to a law firm in Tennessee.
- Planned and facilitated a Board of Directors retreat for the Montgomery (PA) Bar Association.
- Conducted strategic assessments and facilitated the development of strategic plans for law firms in Tennessee, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, Vermont and Texas.
- Conducted strategic assessments and facilitated the development of strategic plans for two accounting and consulting firms in Pennsylvania.
- Planned and facilitated retreats for law firms in Ohio, New Jersey, Vermont, Pennsylvania and North Carolina.
many clients we do not just handle a single project but develop
an on-going relationship and become a continuing source of
information and assistance.
What clients and others say about us
- “Bob helped us when I took over as managing partner . . . And we embarked on a project to develop a strategic plan. Bob does a great job, works hard and he’s very knowledgeable about the industry.”
Jeff Conn, Managing Partner, Thorp Reed & Armstrong
- “Bob has been the Godfather of our firm since before our merger five years ago.”
- “I can’t believe the change in our partners’ attitude after you reviewed your report with us.”
- "They worked extremely well, not
only with our attorneys and paralegal's, but also with our managers
and support staff."
- "I don't know where we'd be if you hadn't started working with us a year and a half ago."
- "Your planning and involvement assured a successful retreat."
- "This renowned consultant has his finger firmly on the market's
- “Bob knows law firms better than most anybody I know.” John Remsen
- “Bob did an excellent job of facilitating strategic planning for the firm I managed.” Ron Grais
- “SmithAmundsen engaged Bob to do a very sensitive assignment. He handled it with extreme professionalism. His recommendations were adopted and are still in effect today.”
Michael DeLargy, Chief Operating Officer.
- “The depth of his knowledge cannot be denied. His warmth and intellect have always created strong bonds with clients and colleagues. I am always proud to say I know and recommend Bob.”
Merrilyn Astin Tarlton.
The practice of law is a profession – but
a law firm is a business. At
times every business faces issues it cannot address on
its own. Helping
firms address these issues is our business.
information about our services email or call us at (610) 644-7020.